Friday, April 7, 2017

July Remarkable Women Tag Swap

I am ahead of the game for the July swap at the Collage Stuff Yahoo Group.  It's a Remarkable Women tag swap.  I've always been fascinated by the art and life of Frida Kahlo. I used inventory tags from Collage Stuff and stenciled the background with Stencil Girl Stencils and acrylic paint.  The "Frida" image is a stencil from the Crafter's Workshop.  I made adjustments to the stenciled image, closing in some lines, adding white dots to the eyes, etc.  I decided to color in the "Frida" image with Titan Buff acrylic paint and then went on to experiment with Distress Crayons on one of the images.  The majority of the acrylics paints are from the Dylusions line.  I added some Stickles glitter glue to the "necklaces."  The paper flowers were colored to match using the Dylusions paints.  I added sayings from Tim Holtz that I believe reflect on Frida's life.  I had fun making these tags and experimenting!

No comments:

Post a Comment