Saturday, April 11, 2015

Art Journal Page for May - Frida Kahlo theme


At the Collage Stuff Yahoo Group, we're doing an art journal page swap.  This is my page for May - Frida Kahlo themed art.
For the first page, I used a background that I created with acrylic paints, stencils and my gelli plate.  I cut circles and strips of a vintage dictionary page.  I used glitter bead gel, a thick coat, to highlight the circles. The word "dreamer" is a Tim Holtz sticker.  The Frida image is from Collage Stuff.

For the bottom page....  I love being able to create custom background papers using my gelli plate, acrylic paints and stencils.  I used my 4" round gelli plate to create the background paper.  The text strips are from a vintage phone book.  The remaining images are from Collage Stuff.  Thanks for coming by my blog.

2 comments:

  1. What a coincindence... we just ate breakfast at a Mexican place called Frida's kitchen in Houston yesterday :-)

    love your work.

    ReplyDelete