Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Faces Art Journal - Face 11

This is Face 11.  Last night I had the face painted and I made weird hair.  The weird hair had to go.  When something doesn't go as planned, I'm usually pretty good at turning this "mistake" around.  I don't like calling an art experiment that doesn't go as planned a "mistake".  I believe that when something doesn't come out as planned that it's a challenge to turn into something that I like.  So here's what I ended up with.  I love Dali's women that have flowers for their entire head.  I like to make hair  out of flowers.  The entire top of the page is the woman's hair.  Sometimes I think she looks dark, but she's really got sort of a smirk.  It makes me wonder what she's thinking.  I am truly enjoying trying to learn to draw and paint faces.  I don't want to make photo realistic faces - just interesting faces. I always say that I can't draw, but I'm learning.  Thanks for coming by my blog

No comments:

Post a Comment