Saturday, September 13, 2014

Of Two Minds and Guarded Hearts Art Journal Page



For this spread, I used one of the new Dylusions stamps.  I applied watercolor to two #8 tags and stamped the part of the image on both tags.  I cut out  both images and trimmed them.  I used a palette knife to spread acrylic paints to make the background.  I used a Stencil Girl stencil to apply the modeling paste.  I followed that up with some black circles and slash lines made with an old key card.  I cut some washi tape circles to put inside the black paint circles.  I also shook some diluted black paint from a brush to make the splatters.  I cut the hearts out of this grid material and painted them with the yellow paint.  I cut smaller hearts out of a vintage dictionary and applied buttercup glass glitter.  I glued the grid hearts on top of the glitter hearts and glued the whole constructed image down.  The pink butterflies were applied last.  I had fun making this!  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment