Thursday, September 18, 2014

Monster Art Journal Page



Another journal spread.  This is the third incarnation of these two pages.  The first two thing I tried did NOT work!  That's what gesso is for...  If I don't like it, I gesso over it!  A new blank canvas!  I had applied modeling paste through a stencil with circles, so those were still there after the gesso.  I colored the background with Dylusions spray inks. When you spray them on gesso, they are less vibrant.  I used a Dylusions stencil for the harlequin effect.  I dabbed a couple of stamps around for more texture.  On top of some of the modeling paste circles, I applied circles punched out of a gelli print or two.  The stamped images are all Dylusions stamps.  I colored them with various markers.  I applied yellow paint to some grid fabric and used that as a halo of sorts for the 3 scary/creepy guys.  The little spiders are sequins.  I had a lot of fun making this spread.  Sometimes, I feel like there is a monster inside me waiting to get out - when I am angry or upset.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: