Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Sample for a new swap




I love the new cabinet card frames from Advantus and Tim Holtz. When I saw them,  the first thing that went through my head was how wonderful these would be to use in a swap.  These frames are like a sleeve.  You can slide in a photo, your own art or whatever!  The May swap at the Collage Stuff Yahoo Group is going to be a Cabinet Card Frame Swap.
Whenever I announce a new swap at the group, I have to provide at least one sample, so here is the first sample.
The base image is from one of the French Ephemera Collage Sheets available at Collage Stuff.  The remaining images inside the oval are from Tumble Fish Studios at the Deviant Scraps website.  I added  little pink jewels and accents with gold Liquid Pearls.  The pink ruler ribbon, flowers and little gold metal accents are available at Collage Stuff.  Of course, the Cabinet Card Frames are also available at Collage Stuff.  The frames come in a pack of 5. I added some interest to the frame by stamping haphazardly with brown archival ink.
The frames hold something about 4" x 6".  I cut a piece of cardstock 4" x 6" and created my art on this base.  This size gives you a little wiggle room to position the finished art inside the frame.
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment