Sunday, November 25, 2012

Madonna and Child Swap

A Madonna and Child swap is being hosted at the VPI Yahoo Group.  I love religious imagery and religious icons, so I decided to join.  This is my entry.  My muse was not cooperative this weekend, so I am lucky to have these done! The base is some text scrapbook paper (thank goodness for my ever expanding stash of scrapbook paper!) overstamped with a scrolly stamp and embossed with gold detail embossing powder.  The Madonna image is from the Collage Stuff "Madonna" collage sheet.  I used 2 German scrap items from Collage Stuff - the Gold Churches and Gold Tiny Dot Border.  I just realized that the churches are perfectly sized for ATCs last night when I was making these. I have found that gel medium is the best adhesive for German scrap.  The gold churches German scrap has the churches, the halo, the angel and several other little coordinating items.  I added the blue gems to break up the gold.  I think I will also use this design for the Collage Stuff November ATC swap as it has a Christmas theme. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment