Sunday, August 19, 2012

Backgrounds using modeling paste and templates

                 I bought some modeling paste so that I could play around with modeling paste and The Crafter's Workshop templates.  I started with Collage Stuff chipboard ATC blanks. I used the new Swirly Garden The Crafter's Workshop template.  I used an old credit card to apply the modeling paste over the stencil.  I let that dry.  I used Dylusions spray inks next.  I added a little water with a mister so that the colors would blend.  I blotted very gently with a paper towel.  After that dried, I sprayed a gold glimmer mist.  This is the original outcome of the experiment.          

I wondered what this would look like if I outlined the raised areas with a black Spica glitter pen.  Here's the result of this experiment.

  Of course the next step was to completely fill in the recessed areas with the black Spica glitter pen.

 For this one I filled in the recessed areas with a pale gold Krylon pen.

 I used a white gel pen to fill in the recessed areas on this one.

All of these examples started out basically the same, but by varying the recessed background, you can have totally different looks.  One thing I still want to do is to is to use a  dictionary page for the base and apply modeling paste.  I will be using these backgrounds to make ATCs for the Collage Stuff August ATC swap.  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment