Saturday, August 4, 2012

August 4x4 Page

I wanted to get my August 4x4 done for the Collage Stuff 4x4 page swap.  The first design I tried did NOT work, so I decided to go back to my normal collage style using lots of vintage ephemera.  I finally used my Tim Holtz Vintage Lace Die.  I've had it for ages, but never used it.  I don't have a Vagabond or all the cutting plates, so I always have to rig something up to cut dies in my die cutting machine.  The background is a doily pattern scrapbook paper.  I die cut a yellow 1950's-60's vintage bank check (Collage Stuff)  with the lace die.  The top left corner is a little piece of a white doily (Collage Stuff) that I colored green with a Pitt Artist's Pen.  The girl and the crown are from Tumble Fish Studios at the Deviant Scrap website. The crown image determined the remainder of the collage elements.  It has a butterfly and a flower.  The butterfly on the right is from a vintage dictionary page (Collage Stuff) and I colored part of it yellow with a Copic marker.  I dabbed a little Sandal paint on the playing card to tone it down.  The cigar band label, jewels and bird charm are all from Collage Stuff.  The words are from a vintage Japanese vocabulary card (Collage Stuff).  I have a ton of washi tape, so I used some on this page.  On the right side are two little pieces of a red/white No. washi tape.  The flower postage stamp image is also from a roll of washi tape.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment