Tuesday, July 17, 2012

CHA Day Two

Today the show officially started.  I got out my camera to take photos and no memory card.  ARGH!  I used my phone to take photos, but they didn't turn out very well.  Tomorrow I will photograph things again and upload more photos tomorrow night.

Tonight I'll share some of the make-n-takes that I was able to take part in.
This canvas piece was the make-n-take at the Faber Castell booth.  The base color was made using their Gelatos.  They remind me of oil pastels except they are water soluble.  The "teacher" said to pick colors that went together.  Right!  I'm sure that she thought "What is this woman doing?"  Like I would know!  We blended the gelato colors with a water brush.  Bubble wrap makes the small circles.  We stamped.  I used some of their pencils to highlight the circles that I then turned into flowers.  I used the Gelatos to color the petals.  We were given wooden buttons.  I colored them using a Pitt Artist Pen Big Brush.  I have to admit that I really liked all of the products at the booth.
 
Next up is the make-n-take from The Crafter's Workshop.  This was taught by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer.  If you haven't perused Julie's blog, you are missing out on some wonderful art.  She goes into detail with techniques to use The Crafter's Workshop stencils.  We used many of the new templates and acrylic paint on sticky back canvas to make this necklace.

 This is a view of the entire necklace.  Go to Julie's blog to learn about the new templates!  
Of course, I had to wait in line to make this tag at the Advantus Booth.  I really like the new tinsel strands.  They come in several colors.  I ordered all of them.  The little wreath is in a pack with 2 Christmas trees.  The wreath was white, but was colored green with a diluted down Distress Ink Re-inker. 

Today I ordered Mica sheets and shapes from USArtquest.  Did you know that you can die cut and emboss the Mica sheets?  It is just gorgeous embossed with an embossing folder.  Photos tomorrow.

I ordered the new Graphic 45 Christmas items, wonderful Christmas papers from Pink Paislee, Christmas and Halloween items from Authentique.  May Arts had lovely new ribbons.  

I ordered all of the new Dylusions items including the new journal designed to Dyan's high standards, the Dylusions how-to book, the new stamps and new stencils.  Tomorrow I will photograph some of the Christmassy Dylusions samples.  You will love them!  I do!

Stay tuned and check back tomorrow night!  I promise to take my camera AND my memory card tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment