Monday, January 30, 2012

January 4 x 4 page

For January, I needed to create a 4 x 4" page with a nature theme, so here it is! The main image and the background are images that were part of a class I took with Green Paper Packages. The Collage Stuff products I used include a foreign postage stamp, Marlowe's theatre tickets, large singing bird brass charm and 5" white paper doily.
I started by gluing down the background paper. The white doily was too white, so I darkened it with a Sandal Paint Dabber and then followed up with a light misting of Sour Apple Perfect Pearls Mist. You can't see the mist in the photo. I cut the doily to size and applied it. I only wanted the numbers on the theatre tickets, so I trimmed those off. I wanted them to more or less frame the main image. That went onto the page next. The words are from an old childrens' book. I edged them with a gold Copic marker. I edged the main image with the same gold Copic marker. I have a stash of real vintage Dennison red border labels that I picked up at an estate sale. I didn't have one the right size for the words, "full of joy", so I cut one in half and used it. Backing the "full of joy" is a red foreign postage stamp. I used a small piece of foam tape to adhere the bird charm. Before I applied the ribbon, I edged the page with the gold Copic marker. The ribbon is applied by using thin red-line tape. Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. very pretty. Thats something else I have never made. Is that what they call "Fat pages"? I have seen them around too. I like the 4x4 size.

    ReplyDelete