Friday, November 25, 2011

November ATC Swap

We have monthly ATC swaps at the Collage Stuff Yahoo Group. This month's swap is to create an artist trading card that can used as an ornament. Here's my design along with some how-to directions.
I started with white cardstock. I made it red with Dylusions Pomegranate Ink Spray. I bought a set of Sizzix Christmas-themed embossing folders and I used the scrolly one on the red paper. After it was embossed I applied some gold paint to a Tim Holtz Foam Blending Tool Refill and applied the gold paint to the raised scrolls and also around the edges. That's it for the background. I have some Christmas sheet music scanned in, so I printed it out in a small size. I made a December calendar in Excel. I toned down the whiteness of these elements with Antique Linen Distress Stain. I still had a little of the red spray ink on my hands, so there's a little red that went on to these two images. I edged the calendar with gold paint. The boy is from the Collage Stuff Altered Christmas Collage Sheet. I sized him appropriately and printed him on white cardstock. After he was cut out, I used various Spica glitter pens on the Santa hat and the greenery wings, but it doesn't show up at all in this photo. The ribbon is on the sale page at Collage Stuff. It's made by May Arts. I added a Tim Holtz Seasonal Muse Token. Before I applied the muse token, I ran some May Arts Red Burlap String through the hole. It's available at Collage Stuff in 9 colors. I really like the burlap string. I used the burlap string for the hanger. As a finishing touch, I rounded the top corners of the ATC and went round the edges of the ATC with more gold paint. Happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment