Saturday, November 5, 2011

Calendar Cover

This afternoon I decided that I had to get to work and start on the covers for the Collage Stuff 2012 hand-made calendar swap. I've been wanting to try out my Dylusions stamps and this was the perfect opportunity. The background is sticky back canvas on chipboard with vintage dictionary text at the top and bottom. I used different sprays - Dylusions (bought them from England!), Glimmer Mist and Perfect Pearls Mist. I used The Crafter's Workshop Circle Grid template for the circles. I really had no plan when I started out with this. The red on the circles was an afterthought as I was just playing with the background. The girl is from the Dependable Dotty Dylusions stamp set and the words are from the "Say What You Mean" Dylusions stamp set. I stamped them with embossing ink on white cardstock and used black embossing powder. I used a small paint brush and the various spray inks that I used for the background to color in the stamped images. I'm making 13 calendar covers and they will all be a little different. Thanks for stopping by!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment