Tuesday, October 25, 2011

August Calendar Page

At the Collage Stuff Yahoo Group, we're doing another handmade calendar swap. I always make the covers. This year we couldn't get enough people to take all of the months, so I'm splitting the month of August with another group member. I decided I wanted to try using the Ranger Sticky Back Canvas. I carry the 8.5 x 11 sheets at Collage Stuff, but for the 4 x 6" calendar pages, the 12" size is better. I got my 12 x 12" canvas in, got out the spray inks and mica sprays and ruined a 12 x 12 sheet of canvas. Ugh! Then I decided that it would be better to cut the canvas into 4 x 6 pieces and go from there.

I'm in love with The Crafter's Workshop Zinnia template. I used gold paint and this template in three different places on the canvas. Then I sprayed pink and green Glimmer or Chalkboard Mists. I have a large letter stamp. I inked it up with Library Green Archival Ink and rolled just a little of the stamp on the canvas. I didn't use an acrylic block. I can get smaller impressions from a large stamp this way. I really liked my background and then I couldn't think what to put on it!

I found the bathing beauty image on the Collage Stuff "By the Shore" collage sheet. It's black and white, but I colored it pink in PSP X2 and added the little frame. I printed this out as a transparency. I looked through a vintage children's songbook and found this music. I scanned it in and sized it down. It was sprayed with the same green mist. I used Diamond Glaze to apply the transparency to the music. I printed out the little calendar in Excel and again, the green mist. I added the Gold Mini Sun and Gold Fish German Scrap (available at Collage Stuff). I used the new Ranger Glue n Seal to attach everything to the canvas. It comes in a little jar with a brush, so it's very easy to use (also available at Collage Stuff). To finish off the edges of the canvas, I used the Library Green ink pad around the edges.

I liked working on the canvas. It's very sticky and it really stuck to the 4 x 6" chipboard base. It's not going anywhere! I have 5 more of these to do and then it's time to design the calendar cover!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment