Saturday, September 24, 2011

White 4 x 4 Page

This month, I'm supposed to make a "white" 4 x 4" page. How did I do this? I started off printing a background from a background sheet that I got as a member of the Green Paper Packages Collage Club. You can't see it all now really. It was kind a of light green floral design. I painted it with white gesso. The floral image is from a postcard that came from the Green Paper Packages Collage Club. I cut it out, glued it down and put white gesso over it. I overstamped the completed background with the Collage Stuff Stylish Background stamp and Tea Dye Distress Ink. The "carte postale" and part of the red stamp (1.25 Gulden) are also from a Green Paper Packages Collage Club collage sheet. The Marie image is one that I bought at Etsy. The gold ivy frame is from Collage Stuff and I covered most of it up with white gesso. I put white gesso on almost everything. The little pearls are Prima. I cut up the pearl designs to get the sizes and look that went with the design. I used Vintage Photo Distress Stain around the edges of the 4 x 4". When I thought I was done with this, I looked at it and decided that it still could use something. I stamped with a text stamp in the bottom left corner with Tea Dye Distress Ink. Finished! It's probably not as white as it should be, but I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment