Saturday, September 3, 2011

Meet Stella




Today I decided I would take some of the new Crafter's Workshop templates and experiment. My first two experiments are going in the bin - too many colors, uck, all ran together etc. The background on this ATC is a successful experiment. I took a sheet of cold-press watercolor paper and used the Harlequin Crafter's Workshop template. I sponged gold acrylic paint (gold paint dabber) to make the diamonds. I dried that with my heat gun and then sprayed some plum colorwash and pink chalkboard glimmer mist over the diamonds. The paint acts as a resist and the sprays wipe right off. I dried that with my heat gun. Then I placed the template back over the gold, but offset it and applied black ink using an ink blending tool. I used a Ranger Opaque White Pen to make some highlights on the black diamonds and drew all of the white squiggles in on the purple/pink parts. This is a a very busy background, so it doesn't need a lot of stuff on it. The woman image is from the Cursed collage sheet. I'm calling her Stella. She seems like a nice ghoul with a green complexion! I outlined Stella and her hat with a black Copic marker. The little flower is a Prima Carftable Flower colored to match with a Copic marker. I colored the clear jewel with the same Copic marker to match the flower. The words are from the Cursed collage sheet. I colored them with a Copic marker and softened the edges with black ink and the ink blending too. The ric rac is the May Arts 1/8" black ric rac. I used red line tape to apply it. I used glue dots to apply the Spider sequins and flower. I used the ink blending tool with black ink to smudge the edges of the ATC.

No comments:

Post a Comment