Saturday, September 3, 2011

Marvelous Madeline




This is Madeline. I like naming the people on my collage sheets! Let's start with the background. I used cold press watercolor paper and the circle gird template (The Crafter's Workshop). I applied gold paint with a gold paint dabber. I made sure this was dry and then sprayed orange colorwash spray and orange glimmer mist. When that was dry, I inked up the Collage Stuff Stylish Background stamp with black paint and stamped this over the dots. The colorwash/mists don't stick to the gold acrylic paint dots. The acrylic paint acts as a resist. On to the ATC. I cut some black sparkly cardstock to ATC size, and glued on some text from an old history book, but not to cover the whole thing. Then I sprayed the text with lime green glimmer mist. The little jack-o-lantern man is from the new Catnip Designs "More Victorian Halloween" collage sheet. I sized him a bit smaller than he is on the collage sheet. I edged this with a black Copic marker. I cut the prepared background down, so I could angle it across the ATC and edged it with black ink and the ink blending tool. Prepared background glued down, little jack-o-lantern man glued down, next Madeline and her hat. The word "Halloween" is from the Cursed collage sheet and I colored it green with a Copic marker and edged it with a black Copic marker. I colored 3 clear jewels with the same green Copic marker and put them in 3 corners. I hope that you're getting some inspiration for your own Halloween art. I've been having fun creating!



No comments:

Post a Comment