Monday, May 2, 2011

Mother's Day Card




Here's a quick, easy and fun Mother's Day card idea. I have some precut greeting card blanks with envelopes. For this card, I dabbed some Spun Spugar Distress Stain on the edges of the card base front. The Distress Stain is watery, so you have to be careful not to overdo. The Spun Sugar is just a hint of pink and I like it! I cut a piece of scrapbook paper to 3.75 x 5.25" and used it as the base for the collage. I tore two pieces of green scrapbook paper - one piece at the top left and one at the bottom. I glued down a nice Victorian scrap rose bouquet and stretched some pop-up glue dots out to attach the "To Mother" German scrap embellishment. Some pink ribbon with white dots across the bottom and a cheery little gold German scrap butterfly complete the design. Before I glued the collage down on the card base, I did swipe some Peeled Paint Distress Stain around some of the edges. I'm liking this Distress Stain more, the more I use it. (German and Victorian scrap items + Distress Stain available at Collage Stuff!) On a side note, when I compare this photo to the real thing, well, they're different. Photos and the lighting seem to wash things out. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment