Friday, February 18, 2011

Skinny book page


This month's skinny book page has a shades of white theme. I find the white themes challenging . The background was made using music scrapbook paper, bits of a French dictionary page using white gesso as a whitewash. I applied Gold Opal Golden Glaze next. The glaze makes the background shine gold! It's hard to see but I applied some cream washi tape about 3/8" in on all 4 sides. I put some white lace near the top and bottom of the page. At the very top of the page I put a strip of a very light greenish floral washi tape.

The ballerina image is from a collage sheet that I bought on Etsy. I colored the woman with a skin-toned Copic marker to give her some color. I colored the dress with a "wheat" Copic marker to give it more of a creamy tone. I stamped a large flower die cut with French text and cut the petals to make wings. I highlighted the edges of the woman and wings with a gold Spica glitter pen. I also added details to the dress with the gold Spica glitter pen.

I made the flower stems out of the May Arts gold leaves trim (available at Collage Stuff). I glued these down with very skinny red line tape. The flowers are Prima Craftable flowers (available at Collage Stuff) that I highlighted with some of the Golden Opal Golden Glaze. Tiny Paris clock buttons are used for the flower center.
The word imagine, the postage stamp and the fleur-de-lys are all rub-ons. The little pearl butterfly is from Prima. To finish off the bottom, I glued down some more of the gold leaf trim. I finished the edges of the page with gold washi tape.
One side done! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. Fun skinny page! Love her expression as she makes that impossible bend.

    Really gorgeous colours.

    ReplyDelete