Sunday, February 20, 2011

Skinny Book page two

This is the final white page - "It's a nice day for a white wedding." The background is almost totally covered up with washi tape and lace. The background started out as scrapbook paper with text. I applied gesso and after it dried a gold sparkly spray. I put vertical strips of washi tape and lace.

I edged the playing card with gold washi tape. The background behind the woman's head is old sheet music with a cream washi tape applied over the sheet music.

I colored the bride and groom with a skin tone Copic marker and applied Gold Opal Golden Glaze to the bride's dress. The gold German scrap heart is available at Collage Stuff. I printed the words "it's a nice day for a white wedding". A scrap of cream washi tape frames the words. The flowers are Prima Craftable Flowers available at Collage Stuff. I highlighted the flowers with the Gold Opal Golden Glaze. I used gold brads to attach the flowers.

A lace bow and washi tape around the edges of the page were the finishing touches.

A word about the washi tape or Japanese masking tape. It comes in all sorts of colors, widths and patterns. Try a google search for Japanese masking tape or washi tape to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment