Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Card Prototype

It's now 10:30pm and I have to be on a 7:20am flight in the morning for work. That means getting up at 4:00am or so. I told myself I would be asleep by now, but NOOOOoooooo! About an hour ago, I decided I'd check my front porch because the UPS people are sneaky. They leave packages late and don't knock on my door. I found a shipment of German scrap/Victorian scraps on my porch. I've been obsessing about Christmas cards - getting some easy ones done. Of course, I opened the box and started thinking about how I could use this stuff for Christmas cards (instead of sleeping !).

The Christmas floral scrap is new. It's on a sheet with 2 Santas. The red German scrap hearts have been in stock for a while. The girl is from the Bright Christmas collage sheet. The green paper is from the Making Memories Noel paper pack. The lace is the Collage Stuff red vintage lace. This is really easy. (Over the Thanksgiving holiday I watched some videos of other people's version of easy Christmas cards - not my version of easy!) I'm thinking of all sorts of ways to change it up - add stamping in the background, use some sheet music in the background, add some bling, add words, don't use the lace, use some German scrap borders or other ribbon etc. I put this together in less than 5 minutes after I got all the parts assembled and after the idea had gelled in my head. There are a lot of things I can do to jazz up this simple design. Maybe this will help you if you're like me, worrying about getting some easy Christmas cards done!

No comments:

Post a Comment