Sunday, October 31, 2010

Calendar Cover

I host a handmade calendar swap at the Collage Stuff Yahoo Group. This is the second year for this swap. The pages are 4 x 6". I do the front cover and the participants do the months. This is the cover design for the 2011 calendar. I thought about putting something about 2011 on this, but I think I'll put the 2011 verbiage on the back with my contact info. I started out with the dots paper from the October Afternoon Modern Homemaker 8 x 8" paper pad. I got these papers in stock this week and they have been calling to me. The advertisements are also from the Modern Homemaker paper pad. The paper pad is retro, so I used images from the Catnip Designs Retro Girls collage sheet. Catnip Designs collage sheets are exclusive to Collage Stuff and I love them! I glued down the ads, then the girl, then the car. I highlighted each image with a Spica Glitter Pen - either red or blue. I added the Collage Stuff red vintage lace at the bottom with glue dots. I put a Collage Stuff Tiny Metal Rose on the girl's hand with a pop-up glue dot. The pop-up glue dots are very thick and sticky. Using Diamond Glaze, I glued down a Collage STuff Red Bingo Marker #2 over the children in the ad at the top right. I decided it needed something else. In Excel, I made a page that is tiny white and red checks. I printed it and cut the page into thin strips and glued those down in some of the empty spaces. The calendars will be bound at the top with a Bind-It-All. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment