Sunday, June 20, 2010

Completed Front Cover


I wanted to show the finished front cover of the Fly Away LFB swap. I put the front and back pages together and sandwiched some vintage crochet trim. I used the Maya Road White Vintage Crochet Trim (Collage Stuff) and colored it with some home-made shimmer spray, so that it would match the front of the cover (and will coordinate fine with the back of the cover). You can find the instructions at the Tim Holtz website to make shimmer spray using Distress Re-inkers, Perfect Pearls, water and a mini mister. I used shimmer spray made with the Barn Door re-inker to color the sheet music on the page. I used the same spray to color the white crochet trim. I like the white trim the best as it's the most versatile. You can color it many different colors. If you don't have the Perfect Pearls, but have a re-inker and mini mister, you can make a spray, but it won't shimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment