Sunday, May 2, 2010

Very Simple Mother's Day Card


Mother's Day is coming up and my mom likes it when I make hand-made cards. I hardly ever create a greeting card these days. I'm out of practice. I like simple! Simple is good. I used an image from the Collage Stuff Altered Madonna Collage Sheet. The image already has a lot of detail, so it doesn't need a lot of embellishing. I used some vintage sheet music at the bottom. I have gone to auctions in the past and picked up boxes of old books. I found an old church hymnal book in my stash and used a part of a page near the top. I overstamped the background with a swirly stamp. You can't go wrong with the little paper flowers and bling centers. I edged the card in red ink first and followed it up with black ink. It's a very simple, non-traditional Mother's Day card, but it will suit my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment