Monday, May 24, 2010

Skinny Book Page for June


I'm ahead of the game for once on the skinny book pages. They are 4 x 8". Yesterday, I bought some new scrapbook papers and I had an idea floating around in my head for how to use them. The theme of this book is vintage and Maggie Taylor art was also listed as something this person liked. I found out that Taylor's art is digital and she had art with a dog head on a man's body and etc. The perfect opportunity for me to use the Catnip Design's Little Kitty Sisters collage sheet that is exclusive to Collage Stuff. I glued down the background papers and the orange UK bus ticket at the bottom. I used a credit card to apply Making Memories Vanilla paint to the whole thing. I love that Vanilla paint. Then I overstamped it all with a text stamp in black ink. I put the kitty on the background and didn't like it. I added the two columns of vintage text. Much better! I cut the word "cat" from some of the new scrapbook paper and layered it on some of the same background paper. The kitty went on next. The crochet trim at the top is from Collage Stuff - May Arts 5/8" natural crochet trim. I smooshed some vanilla paint on two blue and one kinda orange paper flower, applied them with glue dots and used glue dots to put a vintage button in the center of the flower. One of the scrapbook papers I bought had tiny black and white checks, so I cut two strips and these went on the sides. Since I thought of this after the crocket trim was applied, I had to lift up the trim a little to push the black/white check paper under it. The title of this page is "Miss Kitty."

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I really love this page!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, this is so darned sweet.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe i'm a little biased but i think it's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! This is stunning! The sweetest card I´ve ever seen! :)

    ReplyDelete