Saturday, May 15, 2010

Back of skinny book page


This is the back of the previous skinny book page. I have to admit that I was getting frustrated trying to find good quality photos of women who dared online. Everything I found was too small to print well. I remembered that in one stash of books, I had a bargain book on the Queen Mother. This photo is from that book. It was black and white. I scanned it in and colored the women with my Copic markers. The Queen Mum's coloring is a little lighter than her daughters. The daughters are more tan than their mum, as this is how it usually is. I glued them down on some paper from the Tim Holtz Lost and Found Paper Stack. I framed the image with the back of the printed paper. I overstamped the plain back with gold paint and the Collage Stuff Stylish Background Stamp. I made the names at the Acme label maker website. The small gold crowns are from Collage Stuff. I outlined all of the photos and words with a gold metallic marker. I found the metal butterfly pin in my stash. I used to offer these at Collage Stuff, but I can't get them now. I colored the green paper flower a darker green with my Copic markers and finger painted gold glaze on both flowers. A gold jewel adorns the center of the flowers. As usual, I'm happy to have this month's skinny book page done!
After I uploaded this photo, I thought it needed something else, so I added the little gold flower stickers at the ends!

2 comments: