Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Re-worked cover

I really didn't like the cover page that I did the other day, so I decided to re-work it. I started out with the pink again and ended up going red. I like this red better. This is a scan, so it's washed out. I couldn't adjust the colors perfectly in PSP. The woman is colored with Copic markers. I used the same elements as in the original design - the woman, the raffle ticket, a flower and the birds on a wire punch. I added the gold paint blobs and stamped on the papers around the top and left sides. The red rose was too bright, so I dabbed some gold paint on it to tone it down a little. I'll come up with a way to hang some lace, ribbon or rick rack off the bottom of the page. I also will not edge the birds on wire with the red Copic marker when I make these pages for the book. I'm happy with this design. The back of the page will have minimal decorating and will list the participants in the book.

1 comment:

  1. Lisa, I liked the original and I love this one.
    Debby

    ReplyDelete