Monday, March 1, 2010

Collage Stuff February ATC Swap




The February Collage Stuff ATC theme is "Pocket ATC's." There are all different sorts of pockets, right? My pocket turned out to be a lace pocket! (The colors are off on these photos. In real life, everything is more brown.)


Let's start with the tag. I have a bunch of Sizzix dies that I hardly ever use and several of them are tags. I cut the tag with a Sizzix die out of some Graphic 45 paper. The couple image is from the Collage Stuff Romantic Minis Collage Sheet. I put it on the tag and there was too much black and brown. A little snippet of vintage text behind the man's head took care of that problem. I edged the tab with brown ink and added some lace to the top.


Next the ATC base. I used an image from the Collage Stuff Vintage Paris Collage Sheet and sized it to the size I needed. I glued it down and then glued down vintage text on the right-hand side. I over-stamped the whole thing with one of my favorite text stamps with brown ink. I drug the edges of the base through brown ink. I used glue dots to apply the lace. I used glue dots on the front at the sides to make the "pocket" smaller - to hold the tag more securely. The Paris label is from the Collage Stuff Artwords Collage Sheet. I changed the color of the label from red to brown digitally. This is something anyone can do with a digital collage sheet (collage sheet on CD) and graphics editing software.


To finish this off, I used a corner rounder on all four corners of the base and made sure to ink the newly cut edges with brown ink. The round corners on the base echo the round corners of the tag.


I hope the swap participants don't think I cheated on the pocket. I don't think I did!


No comments:

Post a Comment