Thursday, February 4, 2010

New Postcard

The stack of Collage Stuff postcards that ship with my orders is getting low. Time to get busy and do at least one new postcard. Here it is! All of the Collage Stuff postcards are created digitally in PSP X2 and MS Digital Image Pro.
The true background is a scan of some vintage sheet music. The background floral image is from the new Vintage Birthday Cards collage sheet. I went through some of the images I had scanned and found this girl. I made the girl image more of a sepia, so that it stands out just a little bit from everything else that is in bright color. I could have printed her out, colored her with Copic markers and scanned her back in. Then she would be in color and match everything else. The wings are a scan of pink German scrap wings that are sold at Collage Stuff. Everything else is brushed in, in the software.
I wanted this postcard to have kind of an etherial spring-like feel, but I added the grungy numbers to spice things up a bit. A little grunge is always good and sometimes a little, goes a long way! I also wanted a number to kind of tie in with the birthday card image. I think the birthday card images are versatile and are not limited to birthday-themed art. Birthdays past bring back memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment