Thursday, February 18, 2010

Back of Venice Skinny Book Page

I decided to give the back of the page a go! I started out with black and white Venice photos and a postcard background. Ugh! It did not work. So, I got out the paint. I put some green paint on a credit card and smooshed it on the postcard background. Next gold paint, followed by blue paint, followed by a beige Golden glaze to tone everything down a bit. Much better. Then I used a text stamp and stamped in black ink.

The Venice images are from the Venice in Pastels collage sheet again - sized as needed. I edged them with a gold metallic marker before gluing them down.

After I had them glued down, I decided I wanted to use this other Seven Gypsies Venice gaffer tape. The large Venice image was not too stuck down, so I could lift it up to put the tape behind it.

The image of the couple is from the Collage Stuff "So Happy Together" collage sheet. It's a black and white photo that I colored with my Copic markers. I cut out the couple and glued them down on some text. The gold frame is from the Collage Stuff Gold Ornate Frame set. I glued down the couple in the frame as shown.

I've been wanting to use the new bird charms that I got in stock, so I did! The large bird charm is attached with rolled up glue dots.

I added the blue jewels to the gaffer tape and stamped the Venice postmark. To finish off the edges, I used a gold paint dabber.

Woo hoo! This is done and no more stressing about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment