Saturday, January 16, 2010

Back of Skinny Book Page

Here is the back of the summer skinny book page. It's really simple, but I like it!

I cut the 4 x 8" chipboard base and covered it with the vintage sheet music. I painted it green with Studio Landscape Green - more like drybrushing the paint on. Then I painted on some gold liquid watercolor. The gold liquid watercolor is really shiny and a little goes a long way.

I had to go to Lowe's earlier in the week to look for some stuff for the day job and saw the paint chips. The idea started turning over in my head then. I found some stickers in my stash and applied those to paint chip. The little bird is from the Maya Road Mini Bird Sheer set. I edged the paint chip with black ink before I glued it down.

The big sunflower is from the front of paint brochure that I got at Lowe's. This flower is exactly 4 inches wide. I didn't have to size it or anything - just cut it out. I like flowers with faces, so I used my all time favorite face from my Fabulous Faces collage sheet. The gold large round German scrap frame was the perfect size for the center of the flower. I glued on the face and then the frame.

I went to Hobby Lobby on my lunch hour today and they had all of their gemstones on 40% off, so I bought a bunch. I applied the green jewels as shown.

Then it needed just a little something more. I tried a gold German scrap sun in the top right corner and it didn't work. I ended up using 3 butterflies from my gold Designs German scrap. The butterfly on the face/frame kind of reminds me of a crown. I glued down the three butterflies.

In my stash, I found some Seven Gypsies gaffer tape with the months of the year. June seemed appropriate, so I cut around the letters, so the word would be smaller.

I used a light green copic marker to highlight the edges of the flower. The last thing I did was to ink the edges of the piece with black ink.

I think it looks summery and this is very me.

1 comment:

  1. this is gorgeous! I love hearing about your process and you gave me some ideas to think about for my own work. Thank you! So glad to see you posting again on the blog.

    ReplyDelete