Saturday, October 3, 2009

Halloween ATC

The Collage Stuff swap for September is a Halloween theme. And as usual, I am late getting mine done. I tried to make Halloween ATC's last weekend and they were not so good. I like this design.

I started out stamping the cat from the Tim Holtz "Spooky Stuff" stamp set on a white ATC blank. I made a mask of the stamped image. I masked the image. I used the splat stamp from the same set and stamped it with red ink all over the ATC. I used purple ink with a blending tool and filled in all of the white spaces.

I bought several of those little $1 clear stamp sets for Halloween at Michael's and JoAnn's. The words are from these stamp sets. I over-stamped the ATC with the October 31 stamp in blank ink.

Originally, this would have been the completed ATC, but it wasn't working. So continuing on. I tore the cat image out and inked the edges with blank ink. I covered another ATC blank with a vintage dictionary page and inked up the parts that would show with purple ink.

I stamped "fright night" on the Group 9 poison label and positioned the label at the top of the new ATC background. I glued on the prepared kitty and inked the edges of the ATC with black ink.

The finishing touch is the black spider brad. I have black bat and spider brads. Either will do nicely.

The Tim Holtz stamps, brads and poison labels are all available at Collage Stuff. Plenty of fun spooky stuff for your Halloween art at my store!

No comments:

Post a Comment