Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day 2 at CHA in Chicago!

I didn't stay long at the show today. I browsed around a little and placed some orders.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from the Advantus booth - Tim Holtz stuff! I did a little make-n-take pictured below. I'll have everything to make something like this in when this order comes in.


This little pendant uses a muse token, two game spinners, one swivel clasp, one sprocket gear, 3 jump rings and a long brad. It's hung on a ball chain with a jump ring. I CANNOT make jewelry - can never get the jump rings to stay closed - but these jump rings are more substantial and even I could use them successfully! At some point, I'll make a little tutorial here on the blog with instructions how to make this.

This next photo shows what's in the new grungeboard nature and holiday packs. Some of the images are larger like for greeting cards and larger tags.

I ordered a gaggle of stamps from Stamper's Anonymous - from the Tim Holtz Collection. All of the new ATC sized stamps, some sets and some sets of the larger stamps. Here are some samples from the Stamper's Anonymous booth.
Halloween is one my favorite holidays and these new Halloween stamps are great. These samples incorporate a lot of the Tim Holtz products - grungeboard, numerals, fragments etc.

I met up with Edith, my German scrap wholesaler in the afternoon. We went out for a nice lunch and then to her warehouse! What fun! Of course, I bought a bunch of new stuff.
I'm not sure exactly what to call these little art prints. This is only a sample of the ones that I bought. They are light chipboard weight and are 2.75 x 3.5 inches. Each of these can be trimmed to ATC size. There are winter scenes for Christmas, some angels, children, Madonnas, floral art prints and lots more! They are perfect to use for ATC backs or to use for an ATC background. These little prints are well over 40 years old.


Here's a sample of postcards that I bought today. They are mostly scenes. Some of them are kind of risque - odd humor to my mind. These postcards are over 40 years old.

These swallows are rather large. I got these in gold and this matte black.

The cross, anchor and heart symbolize faith, hope and love. This scrap is gorgeous in person!


I am thinking ahead for Christmas. These little bows are adorable in red and seafoam. My photography skills aren't so great in the hotel room light. This is only a sample of the German scrap that I bought today.

Edith's brother and sister-in-law stopped by later in the afternoon. We had a nice dinner out on the patio. I also got to meet Edith's little doggie, Coco.

Overall, the show hasn't been all that crowded. I think that tomorrow will be even less busy. I'm going to concentrate on make-n-takes and maybe try to find a few booths that I've missed.

More tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Lisa, I can't wait till your orders start coming in!! I love the pendant you made, very cool! Have fun in Chicago ... I am originally from 30 miles north of Chicago. ~Teri Chinen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow-what fun stuff you get to see and play with Lisa!! Your steampunk necklace is awesome! I would love to make one-thanks for showing us how to make one. It'll be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait till the new stuff comes in! Love the black swallows & the Tim Holtz skeleton stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete